Dry skin patches on your face need a special care routine but it is the products as much as the process that will make you skin beautiful and the key is using natural products for skin. Not just any old lotion for dry skin will banish those dry skin patches despite what the label might say.
Step 1: Remove any eye make-up you are wearing
The 1st step in your dry skin care routine is to remove eye make-up. Use an eye make-up remover that is oil-based, ideally containing pure oils not chemicals. There are some great natural products for skin that are oil based. Oil makes an excellent lotion for dry skin.
- Pour a little of the remover onto a cotton wool pad. Do not use excessively. Excessive use will overload the skin and cause puffiness and irritation which is just as bad as having dry skin patches.
- Gently wipe over the eye area. An oily product will help soothe any dryness in the delicate eye area.
Step 2: Cleanse
- Apply a gentle cleanser lotion for dry skin all over your face to remove make-up and dirt from the skin’s surface. Leave the cleanser on for a couple of minutes.
- Clean off the cleaner with cotton wool. Gently, use upward movements. Do not stretch the skin as that will encourage lines.
- If desired, splash some cool water on your face which will also help improve the blood circulation.
- Or use one of nature’s special treats, like African Black Soap, because it is simply one of the best natural products for skin that you can get. Your aim is to remove any excess cleanser, encouraging clear blemish free skin that is free of dry skin patches.
Step 3: Tone
Avoid using toners which include an astringent such as alcoholl, they are nowhere nears as good as natural products for skin such as a mild alcohol-free toner that contains flower or herbal waters, Natural Origin Rose & Orange Water Toner is a good example. Apply the toner gently over your face with a cotton wool pad. Be careful to avoid the delicate eye area as it is more prone to dryness.
Step 4: Moisturise
The most important step in your dry skin care routine and in treating dry skin patches is moisturising with a good lotion for dry skin.
Choose a thick creamy moisturiser as that is the perfect lotion for dry skin and dry skin patches.
- Dot some moisturiser onto your face.
- Massage with your fingertips using light, gentle upward circular strokes. This will leave a protective film on the skin and allow make-up to be easily applied.
- Allow a few moments for the skin to absorb the moisturiser before applying make-up.
If your skin is very dry or you have mature skin it is even more important to use natural products for skin. The best lotions for dry skin for night time use are oil serums and of course natural products for skin are the perfect, choice, such as Natural Origin Night Serum, which contains Rosehip and Vitamin E oil. Both these oils boost elasticity and aid tissue regeneration. Massage nightly into face and neck using fingertips in an upward direction.
I hope these four points reminded you of the importance of first cleansing, then toning and then treating your skin with wonderful, natural products for skin. To get the best result you really do need to ensure that you are using real natural products for skin not fake, mass produced products. Natural oils are among the very best lotion for dry skin.